2013年7月2日火曜日

Extracts From Shakespeare's " A Midsummer night's dream "..


Titania:
" Come, wait upon him; lead him to my bower.
The moon methinks looks with a watery eye,
Lamenting some enforced chastity.
Tie up my lover's tongue, bring him silently. "


Oberon:
" About the wood go swifter than the wind,
And Helena of Athens look thou find.
All fancy-sick she is, and pale of cheer
With sighs of love, that costs the fresh blood dear.
By some illusion see thou bring her here.
I'll charm his eyes against she do appear.." 

Oberon [ squeezes the flower on Demetrius's eyes ]:
"Flower of this purple dye,
Hit with Cupid's archery,
Sink in apple of his eyes.
When his love he doth espy,
As the Venus of the sky.
When thou wakest, if she be by,
Beg of her for remedy. "


Demitrius [awaking]:
"O Helen, goddess, nymph, perfect, divine,
To what, my love, shall I compare thine eyne ?
Crystal is muddy. O, how ripe in show
Thy lips, those kissing cherries, tempting grow !
This pure congealed white, high Taurus' snow,
Fanned with teh eastern wind, turns to a crow
When thou holdest up thy hand. O, le me kiss
                                                                          That princess of pure white, this seal of bliss. "


Helen:
" O weary night, O long and tedious night,
Abate thy hours; shine comforts from the east,
That I may back to Athens by daylight,
From these that my poor company detest.
And sleep, that sometimes shuts up sorrow's eye,
Steal me awhile from mine own company.."


Robin:
" On the ground
   Sleep sound.
   I'll apply
   To your eyes
Gentle lover, remedy.
 <Squeezes the juice on Lysander's eyes>

When thou wakest,
Thou takest
True delight
In the sight
Of thy former lady's eye.
 That every man should take his own,
In your waking shall be shown.. "
                                                                                         
Oberon: 
" Then, my queen, in silence sad,
Trip we after the night's shade.
We the globe can compass soon.
Swifter than the wandering moon.."
Titania: 
"Come, my lord, and in our flight
Tell me how it came this night
That I sleeping here was found
With these mortals on the ground.. "


Demetrius:
"And all the faith, the virtue of my heart,
The object and the pleasure of mine eye,
Is only Helena. To her my lord..

Now do I wish it, love it, long for it,
And will fore evermore be true to it.. "

Theseus:
" Fair lovers, you are fortunately met.."


Hippolita:
" It's strange, my Theseus, that these lovers speak of. "
Theseus:
" More strange than true. I never may believe
These antique fables, nor these fairy toys.
Lovers and madmen have such seething brains,
Such shaping fantasies, that apprehend
More than cool reason ever comprehends.
The lunatic, the lover, and the poet.
Are of imagination all compact.."
Hippolita:
" But all the story of the night told over,
And all their minds transfigured so together,
More witnesseth than fancy's image
And grows to something of great constancy.
But howsoever, strange and admireble."
Theseus:
" Here come the lovers, full of joy and mirth."

Theseus:
" Lovers, to bed; it's almost fairy time.. "
 "Oberon, Titania and Puch with Fairies Dancing"(1785)
William Blake

Oberon: 
"Through the house give gathering light.
By the dead and drowsy fire:
Every elf and fairy sprite
Hop as light as bird from brier;
And this ditty, after me,
Sing, and dance it trippingly."

Titania: 
"First, rehearse your song by rote
To each word a warbling note:
Hand in hand, with fairy grace,
Will we sing, and bless this place."


Oberon:
"Now, until the break of the day,
Through this house each fairy stray.
To the best bride-bed will we,
Which by us shall blessed be;
And the issue there create
Ever shall be fortunate.
So shall all the couples three 
Ever true in loving be. 
Each several chamber bless
Through this palace with sweet peace;
Ever shall in safety rest,
And the owner of it blest.
Trip away, make no stay;
Meet me all by break of day. "

Robin:

" So, good night unto you all.
Give me your hands, if we be friends,
and Robin shall restore amends. "

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿